Saturday, August 23, 2014

Thrift Store Dog Bed

I like making things. I especially like making things out of other things. Therefore, this project was perfect for me. 

Like many of my previous projects, this one started with a trip to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. The one in Redwood City is slightly bigger than the one in Ponca City. In fact, I'm fairly certain I could have easily and thriftily furnished our entire apartment with their selection. 

Instead I went in search of an end table. I really wanted fancier legs, but for $15.00 this one worked perfectly. 



To protect the carpet, I used puppy pads.  I had to remove the drawer and then began painting it my "happy" color. 



As you can see, the dog looks perfectly content on the couch. However, once I put the finishing touches on she seemed to make it get own. Strawberry is such a princess! 

The tatting/lace/bow were made by my Great Grandmother. I'm not sure what she would think about it being used for this purpose. It was just sitting in a basket though so I thought, 'Why not?'.


I thought about hot gluing buttons or perhaps shells on the bed, but so far I like it simple. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment