Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Shabby Housewife


I think I should have called this blog "The Shabby Housewife". With this move came the opportunity for me to stay at home. I am very grateful for this time with my daughters, but it is a huge adjustment after working full time as a Registered Nurse for 17 years! I love being a nurse and helping people. It's a very selfish do goody feeling you get having the knowledge and skills to make someone's life just a little better. 

But here I am, stay at home mom (A huge and very important job that I am blessed to have!). I have used the move and getting things in order to mostly just scrape by without a routine. I think that needs to change. Suggestions welcome!

Apparently it can't all be making chocolate chip pancakes and watching Bewitched, so today I did some ironing which is honestly my least favorite chore. I would scrub 100 frat house toliets before I had to iron 1 shirt if that was an option. Seriously. I muddled through and I think my husband will look presentable. 

Then I made the monumental effort to make my bed. Think I'm joking? 



My dog, Strawberry, being helpful. 
Now look here, Strawberry, part of my nurses' training was learning how to make a bed with someone in it. I will not be tharwted!
Woot! Success! 

Now the girls and I are going swimming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment