Monday, July 28, 2014

Getting Crafty!

My girls love crafts and I love cheap ways to keep them entertained. Plus,  I really feel there is something uplifting and confidence boosting about creating something with your own hands. 

We have a wooden country style wall coatrack. I think I picked it up at a garage sale for a couple bucks 10 years ago or it may have been a castoff from my parents. It went ok and was useful in our old historic home, but it needed updating if we were going to keep it here in California. 

We started at Home Depot and bought a small pot of my "happy color" (Behr's Island Oasis) for less than $3.00. A couple of sponge brushes at 79¢ each and our free sea treasures that we've found at various California beaches. I also had some starfish from beach decor/crafts that I did in college (ages ago!) 

The girls were really excited about this craft, but waited patiently for the rest of the unpacking to be finished so I could unearth our glue guns!  

Their patience paid off because I also found some wooden hearts that I had painted with polka dots and cow patterns about 5 years ago. I let them paint over and decorate them too. 

It was loads of fun and I love the end results! 

My 10y/o found some pipe cleaners in the craft box too. She made these flowers which I think are brilliant. 
 

More to come soon I'm sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment